Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- Godly Existence (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1284)

Posted by Akira on 04-29-2002 03:15 PM:

Godly Existence

"If there was no God, man would have created him."
- Voltayre (or something like that.)

Is this true? From a standpoint yes. This is why there exist many religions. What's your opinion?

Posted by huby40 on 04-30-2002 08:34 AM:

It's Voltaire.

"Why would man create a god, if he can be god himself?"

-Hubert Shon (great, historic philosopher)

Posted by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2002 09:40 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by huby40
It's Voltaire.

"Why would man create a god, if he can be god himself?"

-Hubert Shon (great, historic philosopher)

WTF r u talkin about man can never be god humans die, humans r not and never will be perfect. a human can never be a god its just impossible

Posted by Chil on 04-30-2002 10:48 AM:

japanese military believed that one of their leaders was god-like
they went on killing rampage throughout china (nanking) and south korea
so human can be percieved as god, if not god.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2002 12:06 PM:

ok that guy most hav been pretty damn lucky for a long time and guess wat he's dead! so some god he came out to be.

Posted by Chil on 04-30-2002 12:18 PM:

there isn't a rule that states god must live forever
there are no rules for a god, that is what makes a god.
therefore for his time period and all those who died with him
he was their god.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 04-30-2002 01:04 PM:

so wait u or i could just call each other gods and no one could deny that ur saying? the guy got on a winning streak so wat the japanese thought their "ruler" was god-like and guess wat i believe he wasnt and lost WW2 and after that the "god" made a public anouncement sayin that he was not god-like. so hell i think the japanese (no offence to any1 thats japanese just some of the people that believed that nut case back a few decades ago) thought alot of people were "god-like"

Posted by huby40 on 04-30-2002 01:18 PM:

stfu (voltaire must be angry at me)

I'm saying that why would somebody care about sacrificing his time into worshipping a god when he has his own interests to care about?

But now if i think further we would probably make some kind of deity to help us explain events that we could not understand, like the greeks did.

but now we have science. so we don't need any god, because we think thatwe are gods :sigh: foolish mortals.

Posted by Alchemist on 04-30-2002 06:07 PM:

from the calvin and hobbes strip.

Religion is the opiate of the masses, what do you suppose that means? - Calvin

It means Karl Marx hadn't seen anything yet... - Television set

Posted by krnxswat on 04-30-2002 06:16 PM:

moved to debate..

Posted by huby40 on 05-01-2002 08:38 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
from the calvin and hobbes strip.

Religion is the opiate of the masses, what do you suppose that means? - Calvin

It means Karl Marx hadn't seen anything yet... - Television set

lol

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-01-2002 11:04 AM:

Life

Only one world in many supports life as far as we know. Only on Earth were the climates perfect to melt the icecaps and start the water cycle. Does this not seem strange? Earth is protected from cosmic and other dangerous energys by the sun's magnetic field and the Van Allen Radiation belt. Is this not strange again? Why are only the energies dangerous to life deflected? I believe that there is a God.perfect

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 05-01-2002 11:58 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Zero-Sen
Only one world in many supports life as far as we know. Only on Earth were the climates perfect to melt the icecaps and start the water cycle. Does this not seem strange? Earth is protected from cosmic and other dangerous energys by the sun's magnetic field and the Van Allen Radiation belt. Is this not strange again? Why are only the energies dangerous to life deflected? I believe that there is a God.perfect

Theres a debate in the "Evolution" topic if you wanna debate this stuff, this is slightly off topic for this thread. Please post other god existence responses in that forum if you are conflicting evolution or something.

Anyway, holes that reside in probability do not constitute a godly existence. In fact, they only make you marvel at how much everything has progressed. Showing proof through disproof is futile.

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-02-2002 04:07 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by PsychoSnowman

Theres a debate in the "Evolution" topic if you wanna debate this stuff, this is slightly off topic for this thread. Please post other god existence responses in that forum if you are conflicting evolution or something.

Anyway, holes that reside in probability do not constitute a godly existence. In fact, they only make you marvel at how much everything has progressed. Showing proof through disproof is futile.

erfz.... :sleepy: