Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- Failing Goals. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10871)

Posted by Spartan on 02-21-2003 05:34 AM:

Failing Goals.

I always promise God stuff that I never back up.

I always fail fasting, cursing, and "others". I feel horrible and I don't feel like I'm worthy of God anymore.

I have no will power what so ever.

Have you ever felt like that?

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 02-21-2003 06:22 AM:

yes. i feel like i've failed God when i can't stop cursing or thinking impure thoughts or other things. i wish i could be a better Christian....it's so hard and sometimes i wonder if i should really bother trying cuz it seems almost impossible to be what God wants us to be. and yet it's so simple...and i really believe and want to make Him happy...so i keep trying.

Posted by kangg fu on 02-21-2003 06:48 AM:

yeah im sure all christians go through what you're going through because i know i am..i know what u mean...especially after retreats i always promise that i'll change but i eventually revert to my old ways such as cursing, but i find that the key is prayer. Prayer is really powerful and God always answers, even in the most unusual ways. Remember, you just can't stop cursing all at once, take it day by day. i always try to tell my self.."what good does cursing do anyway? make me look superior? " The fact that you feel guilty shows me that you are a good person who cares enough to want to change themselves. There is a perfect verse in the Bible ill look for and post up..adios

Posted by merdawg on 02-21-2003 10:43 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kangg fu
yeah im sure all christians go through what you're going through because i know i am..i know what u mean...especially after retreats i always promise that i'll change but i eventually revert to my old ways such as cursing, but i find that the key is prayer. Prayer is really powerful and God always answers, even in the most unusual ways. Remember, you just can't stop cursing all at once, take it day by day. i always try to tell my self.."what good does cursing do anyway? make me look superior? " The fact that you feel guilty shows me that you are a good person who cares enough to want to change themselves. There is a perfect verse in the Bible ill look for and post up..adios

i totally agree...it's really hard to not curse. not even my parents can keep from cursing...but they do pray for forgiveness. and i guess that it helps them. i try to do the same and its really hard. write now...to train myself..i wear a rubber band on my wrist...and wenever i curse, i hit myself with the rubberband. im not a massacist[spelling], if ur thinking that

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by ajy on 02-24-2003 08:58 PM:

i dont feel like im failed ever, period. because if there is a god, hell forgive me for what i did, and if there isnt, why should i feel guilty anyway

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 02-24-2003 10:00 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k
i dont feel like im failed ever, period. because if there is a god, hell forgive me for what i did, and if there isnt, why should i feel guilty anyway

i agree. but im not about to get into some heated religious debate, so just put me down for agreeing with wutever andrew says.

Posted by eugenekim82 on 02-25-2003 11:22 PM:

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 02-26-2003 05:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by eugenekim82
More than really concentrating all your efforts on the "don't do's" I find that when I pursue more of the "do's" such as praying, reading the Word, pursuing a relationship w/ Him, I am changed from the inside out.

that sounds like a good strategy to try: focusing on the positives instead of the negatives. i'll try that and i hope i become more successful...i think what i need most to work on is my tolerance. i hope god can grant me patience