Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 7 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- parents and past (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10431)

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 02-02-2003 08:14 PM:

parents and past

sry don't know where to really put this.. is this the right place?

my parents got mad at my sister and i because we spend too much time online so they started talking about how they were back then in the Philippines, how my dad had to do a lot of work when he was young and how our generations are so different now. How lucky we are to have better technology. How other counties will probably have better chances of getting jobs in America because everyone is so laid back, it make me realize that yeah.... so many peolple are homeless, alot of people that are blame the world for taking there jobz...

do your parents talk about there past an how hard/easy it was compaired to yours?

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by Outcaste on 02-02-2003 08:24 PM:

hellz yah, happens alot to me.

But I think it's quite obvious, considering how the Philippines is a Third-World Country. Things were pretty hard and alot worse there compared to right now in the U.S., so it's pretty much a given they'd be talking like that.

Posted by merdawg on 02-02-2003 09:33 PM:

Re: parents and past

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI
sry don't know where to really put this.. is this the right place?

my parents got mad at my sister and i because we spend too much time online so they started talking about how they were back then in the Philippines, how my dad had to do a lot of work when he was young and how our generations are so different now. How lucky we are to have better technology. How other counties will probably have better chances of getting jobs in America because everyone is so laid back, it make me realize that yeah.... so many peolple are homeless, alot of people that are blame the world for taking there jobz...

do your parents talk about there past an how hard/easy it was compaired to yours?

everytime i go to a party or how im always on the comp. they bring out the "back in the day" card. they put this whole guilt trip on u. but i guess u cant do anything cuz they DID have to work a lot harder than we are right now.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 02-02-2003 09:52 PM:

well with the new technology and the contry we live in, we dont have to work as hard as our parents did. they may say they never see you doiing work, but thats becuase our educational system has changed. it used to be more about bnringing home work to implement what you learned in class, but now its more about going over what you did in class on your own and paying attention to what you did in class. as for not working as hard as we should, its becuase we have been educated enough to where what our parents had to learn later in life, we picked up some time before they think we needed to so they are expecting us to be in the dark about it. i kno japanese and korean schools go on for longer than ours but thats becuase they include religious studies in their work sometimes. if we are in such trouble being behind other countries in our work, why do people come to our country for schooling (colleges)

i kno this can totally be picked apart, but i wasnt realy thinking when i wrote this.

Posted by Ladi Jay on 02-04-2003 06:32 PM:

nope

buh when my daddy does, I like to hear about it... it's interesting

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 02-05-2003 01:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Ladi Jay
nope

buh when my daddy does, I like to hear about it... it's interesting

yeah... but it only happens when i'm in trouble... but then it does get interesting

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by Outcaste on 02-05-2003 01:23 AM:

lol, my parents tell me the same shiznizzle everytime they're pissed, it's never interesting.

On the other hand, if I ask them about their experiences as kids/teenagers/when they were younger, it gets really interesting.