Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Dance (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=47)
-- Yo sup any breakers and b-girls here in Jsl? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4825)

Posted by paboh4life on 08-30-2002 03:16 PM:

Yo sup any breakers and b-girls here in Jsl?

Sup people yo how did you become a breaker or when was the first time you saw someone breakdance?

Me, a while back my friend let me borrow dis korean breakin video. I was like, " aight" so I was watchin it and I was like "holy shit!" I got so motivated to learn so I watched it everyday and learned..nothing! But somehow I met alotta breakers and they helped me out. Now I'm in a crew and gettin down 1990's and pikes!

Posted by hip hOp Yu Ja on 08-31-2002 12:35 AM:

the first tym i saw sum1 break was wen i was lyk 4 years old... mai uncle (dad's younger bro) used 2 break HELLA gOot... lyk he used 2 be on TV teachin ppl how 2 break for lyk 26 bucks an hour ...sho he wuld alwayz be doing stuph on TV and such... and i got interested wen i was in 7-8th grade... and yea~ i think the first tym i breaked was wen i was a freshman... i think...? haha and yea... i luv it! but imma quit this year... its hella hard on mai back... from previous injuries~ :huh:

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Posted by paboh4life on 08-31-2002 03:57 AM:

yeah i know what u mean...you're body is a sacrafice when breakin..

Posted by neXt on 08-31-2002 04:43 AM:

first saw a bboy 5 years ago at a school dance and thats when I got into it.. nothing to do during lunch break at school so we'd all practice. eventually got into a crew and had tons of fun doing comps and battles. I stopped about two years ago cuz of my work/school schedule but love watching the new videos coming out..

I tried getting back into it recently but realized I couldnt keep up with the youngins anymore. They're so crazy nowadays.. back then I'd get mad props for flaring.. but now its considered a primitive power move. Ah well at least I aint bruisin myself anymore

Posted by hip hOp Yu Ja on 08-31-2002 09:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by paboh4life
yeah i know what u mean...you're body is a sacrafice when breakin..

yea! 4 realz tho... and cuz i hurt mai back during fOotball... it keepz buggin meeh wenever i break... sho yea... :sad:

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Posted by tea on 08-31-2002 09:54 AM:

i stick to basketball lol

although skateboarding and rollerblading fucks me up too

Posted by hip hOp Yu Ja on 08-31-2002 10:19 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by tea
i stick to basketball lol

although skateboarding and rollerblading fucks me up too

yea dey do! yOo ever tried snowboarding? sum serious pain mayun... lOlz!

Posted by paboh4life on 08-31-2002 07:44 PM:

yo but the break beats were better back then than now. There's lot of kids now who do sloppy six-steps and dat only and consider themselves breakers

Posted by neXt on 08-31-2002 08:54 PM:

yeah man sometime I'd just hear one of those classic infectious breakbeats and itd make jsut wanna get loose..

i know hwatu mean tho.. you always see wack kids "6stepping" to master p or ja rule or something haha

u got any of the newer vids man? i'd be willing to trade (got a crapload of vids)..

Posted by paboh4life on 09-03-2002 01:00 AM:

sry I got none on my computer but I just finished watching Bboy Jam Korea. That was the shiznay!!!!

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 09-03-2002 01:28 AM:

i used to pretend i could do some hardcore stuff...
i'd do some steps and footwork leading up to some hardcore stuff and then right when im gonna do a power move i pretend to have a crampp .. crampp!!!!! works everytime... not always but yeahhh.. ima johyong now

xanga.com/an1_mixtape