Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Music (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=13)
-- Jay Z the black album (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14475)

Posted by niggoreanboi on 11-20-2003 08:39 PM:

Jay Z the black album

what ya'll think of it?

personally it's aiight it ain't GREAT! should of been better since it is his last album only he rapped fast like whne he came out do that shit again

Posted by tm11 on 11-20-2003 08:58 PM:

I thought it was really good, it had it's faults, but the only songs I don't really like are moment of clarity and justify my thug, and that's only because of the production (only on moment of clarity, justify my thug isn't bad, it's interesting comin from dj quik), otherwise it's still pretty fresh (I'm yet to be a fan of eminem for his production skills). But then again, I'm a big fan of the use of old soul samples being sped up and used in a beat, like Just Blaze and Kanye West do, and have made sort of an industry standard. The timbaland and neptunes songs were interesting, but I think they were just solid, not entirely spectacular, although 'change clothes' is cool since it's a throwback to an 80's-type sound.

Posted by tea on 11-21-2003 06:49 AM:

i liked it

Posted by paboh4life on 11-21-2003 01:26 PM:

i heard like 4 songs.. they were amazing im getting the album!!!

Posted by AussieHonkie on 11-24-2003 10:05 AM:

dayum, ive been hving uni exams ..... and australia is so slow with music .... didnt even know it was released, except for the one that leaked out on purpose.

any good ?? compared to reasonable doubt and blueprint ?

Posted by niggoreanboi on 11-24-2003 10:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by AussieHonkie
dayum, ive been hving uni exams ..... and australia is so slow with music .... didnt even know it was released, except for the one that leaked out on purpose.

any good ?? compared to reasonable doubt and blueprint ?

black album was good but i think it could have been better since it is his last album, but what do i know i'm not a rapper

Posted by weed smoka on 12-04-2003 12:08 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by tm11
I thought it was really good, it had it's faults, but the only songs I don't really like are moment of clarity and justify my thug, and that's only because of the production (only on moment of clarity, justify my thug isn't bad, it's interesting comin from dj quik), otherwise it's still pretty fresh (I'm yet to be a fan of eminem for his production skills). But then again, I'm a big fan of the use of old soul samples being sped up and used in a beat, like Just Blaze and Kanye West do, and have made sort of an industry standard. The timbaland and neptunes songs were interesting, but I think they were just solid, not entirely spectacular, although 'change clothes' is cool since it's a throwback to an 80's-type sound.

moment of clarity is a dope ass song man

Posted by tm11 on 12-04-2003 01:03 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by weed smoka
moment of clarity is a dope ass song man

Jay-Z's verses were solid, but as I stated earlier, I think the production is weak. I don't like eminem as a producer.

Posted by 700B501337 on 12-06-2003 03:47 PM:

i want to get it!!! but from what you guys are saying, it sounds disappointing. oh well, i guess i'll get it anyway

Posted by AussieHonkie on 12-07-2003 12:40 PM:

i downloaded it, and i think this was the bootlegged version that was released that wasnt complete, is this true anyone ???

anyway if thats tru, and the final version is better than the leaked one, then ill prolli buy it.

yeh, i dont like em as a producer, that track on godson and black album sound so similiar to me for some reason.

Posted by castle outsider on 12-07-2003 07:22 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by AussieHonkie
i downloaded it, and i think this was the bootlegged version that was released that wasnt complete, is this true anyone ???

anyway if thats tru, and the final version is better than the leaked one, then ill prolli buy it.

yeh, i dont like em as a producer, that track on godson and black album sound so similiar to me for some reason.

why dont you just buy it and stop being such a gay pirate