Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- School Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=7)
-- who's who among american high school students (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15890)

Posted by saranghae on 06-03-2004 02:53 AM:

who's who among american high school students

i got a letter for it.. i heard its a scam =X .. but like it said top 5% of students who achieved academic excellence.. and err.. i didn't do that well this year =X .. welps.. not like i'd meet the finalist thingiee. pluss.. i think its too late to turn it in x_________x

but juss asking.. if u get nominated.. it doesn't mean u'd get scholarship?-- onlie if u actually got accpeted rite?

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 06-03-2004 02:56 AM:

i never got a scholarship, but i was sent a nomination letter for 3 years in a row. The scholarship goes to the best of the best i would guess. But, since you got a letter, if you send in whatever they want you to....like the application and money if needed, then you wil be included in the list.

So to answer your question, just because you got a letter does not mean you got a scholarship.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by saranghae on 06-03-2004 03:46 AM:

hrmm.. but if u get on the list.. but don't actually get "accepted" would colleges still look at it? =D .. like know u got nominated and stuff.

Posted by MellowYellow on 06-04-2004 07:26 AM:

It cost nothing to send it in so I always did (well nothing except maybe a couple of minutes of your time).

lol I have those "certificates" they send you.

Posted by kiggaplease on 06-08-2004 06:10 AM:

me me me

Posted by Vixen2005 on 09-09-2004 03:54 AM:

Hey, I recieved several of those who's who among high school students. It says that you recieved this award for your outstanding preformance at school. Well a lot of my grades suck, especially when it comes to math and I get those. I don't even have a high rank in my class.

Posted by perplex on 01-18-2005 02:22 AM:

top 5% isn't very exclusive, and yes, it is a scam.

Posted by saranghae on 02-23-2005 12:25 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Vixen2005
Hey, I recieved several of those who's who among high school students. It says that you recieved this award for your outstanding preformance at school. Well a lot of my grades suck, especially when it comes to math and I get those. I don't even have a high rank in my class.

same with me. i was surprised i got it =X

perplex.. i did some research.. and i'm pretty sure they're not a scam

Posted by kiggaplease on 02-26-2005 10:27 AM:

it may not be a scam, but seriously, no one gives a shit about the students who make it into there

Posted by saranghae on 02-27-2005 01:02 AM:

really? aww. good thing i didnt mail in the CRS thingie with $7 yet.. i was too lazy to ask my dad for his credit card ^^;;

Posted by aaqthree on 02-28-2005 04:50 AM:

No one would care about this, it's not prestigious.

The important national awards you would want to strive for in high school are any AP Scholar awards you can get, and any National Merit Scholarship honors you can get.