Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 26 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- Favorite Verses from the Bible (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=8890)

Posted by micron on 06-21-2002 03:00 AM:

favorite Bible verse.

one that comes to mind is...

"meaningless! meaningless!" says the Teacher. "utterly meaningless! everything is meaningless." -ecclesiastes 1:2

Posted by krnxswat on 06-21-2002 03:11 AM:

John 3:16
"for God so loved the world, he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Posted by bigChubuff on 06-21-2002 08:08 PM:

i only read the korean bible

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 06-23-2002 12:23 AM:

i never got past "in the beginning..."

Posted by micron on 06-23-2002 02:58 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM

you should start reading it. though i dont believe in it (im not Christian), i find it to be very wise and practical. so i read.

Posted by bigChubuff on 06-23-2002 03:45 AM:

u aint christian? what are u then

Posted by TAIgrr on 06-23-2002 08:07 AM:

Greater love has no one than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends..
and ..
i can do anything through him who gives me strength

i forgot the verses tho -.-;;

Posted by MellowYellow on 07-15-2002 03:11 AM:

it's really short:

"Jesus wept" -John 11:35-

jusun you aren't christian? not that there's anything wrong with that except...i thought a lot of the ppl you invited to the forum were from your.. church? maybe i'm just in lala land today...heh heh....

Posted by storm on 07-17-2002 08:53 AM:

quote:

lol haha I know how you feel
once I sat down and forced myself to read some (I know that's not the point of reading the bible, but...) and I'm not sure I even finished exodus before I fell asleep
some ppl say they read the bible for inspiration, answers, help, consolation and whatnot, but that thing's over a thousand pages, how are you supposed to find anything in it? it's probably just me, but the wording is so hard to understand, I had to read a sentence over...and over...and over again before I got it. it's probably just me though
oops, off track. sorry~ favourite verse? um...

Posted by Alchemist on 07-17-2002 05:43 PM:

"The Lord is my shepard, I shall not want"

Posted by huby40 on 07-21-2002 10:21 PM:

"Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you will be like him yourself" Proverbs 26:4

but THEN it says

"Answer a fool according to his folly, or he will be wise in his own eyes" proverbs 26:5

Posted by pUcCa_sTaR on 08-08-2002 03:42 AM:

i HaVe TwO fAvEz...!!!

"He WiLL WiPe AwAy EvErY tEaR fRoM tHeiR eYeS. ThErE WiLL bE nO mOrE dEaTh oR mOuRniNg oR cRyiNg oR pAiN, fOr tHe oLd oRdEr oF tHiNgS hAs pAsSeD aWaY." ReVeLaTiOn 2:14 (wHy iZ tHe LaSt bOoK, "ReVeLaTiOn" sCaRiE tO PpL?)

LoVe iS pAtiEnT, LoVe iS KiNd. iT dOeS nOt eNvY, iT dOeS nOt bOaSt, iTiS nOt pRoUd, iT iS nOt RuDe, iT iS nOt SeLf-sEeKiNg, iT iS nOt eAsiLy aNgErEd, iT kEePs nO rEcOrD oF wRoNgS. LoVe dOeS nOt DeLiGhT iN eViL bUt rEjOiCeS Wih tHe tRuTh. iT aLwAyZ pRoTeCtS, aLwAyS tRuStS, aLwAyS hOpEs, aLwAyS pReSeRvEs. LoVe nEvEr fAiLs..." 1 cOriNtHiAnS 13:4-8

wHoA...tHaT tOoK aWhiLe...^-^;;

Posted by jini on 08-13-2002 06:38 AM:

1Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. it does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud, it is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. it always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves. love never fails

Psalms 107:19-20
Then they cried to the Lord to their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Posted by aznkid1008 on 08-14-2002 12:06 AM:

i got 2 also

Revelation 1:7
Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him;
and all the people of the earth will mourn because of him.
So it Shall be! Amen.

Revelation 1:8
"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by MiGhTy KiTTy on 08-14-2002 01:29 AM:

Psalms 23 cuz my parents made me memorize it. puhaha

Posted by HHxEliTE on 08-14-2002 01:50 AM:

1 Cornithians.. 13:4-8 ..

Posted by annabanana on 08-19-2002 02:52 PM:

"In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis1:1.

it's all good.

Posted by NaRa JjAnG on 08-20-2002 12:52 AM:

When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge. Proverbs 14:32

www.xanga.com/choi127

Posted by rYcePuFf on 08-20-2002 07:27 AM:

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither hieght nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Romans 8:38-39 ^^

Posted by Jj2 on 08-22-2002 02:55 AM:

quote:

i'm so with u man

but nowadays i'm trying to read at least a verse each night