Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 23 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Cars (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=29)
-- What Type (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1636)

Posted by ryosuke on 05-07-2002 07:10 AM:

What Type

of racing are you into? How do you have your car set up? Got a pic? Post it in here.

Posted by volcom strider on 05-07-2002 11:09 AM:

i'm not gonna really race my car. but the people that do or are going to race, i suggest you put some strut/sway bars along with a roll cage. no telling when u going to fuck up and roll over.

Posted by Prototype on 05-07-2002 11:37 AM:

I like drags :P

seeing as, it's alot less dangerous than any other type of racing if you dont have access to.. a track -_-; all the time

Posted by ryosuke on 05-07-2002 12:25 PM:

Autocrossing and drifting. I figure if you are going to race, you might as well do it to your full potential and show how much skill you really have.

Posted by Prototype on 05-07-2002 05:51 PM:

not many places to try and float or drift..

i can float going up turns on hills.. but I wouldnt ever push it too far -_-;

oncoming traffic = too scary

Posted by volcom strider on 05-07-2002 08:33 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Prototype
oncoming traffic = too scary

it's rush too.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-20-2002 04:31 PM:

autocrossing...and rally...

Props To Huby

Posted by JohnnyLemonhead on 05-27-2002 07:55 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by ryosuke
Autocrossing and drifting. I figure if you are going to race, you might as well do it to your full potential and show how much skill you really have.

Wouldn't the full potential of asphalt racing be roadracing (as in, with other cars and not against a clock)? I respect people who do timed runs around cones, but all the psychological, driving and adaptive skills really come into play when you put a bunch of fast people on a track together.

Posted by indecisive on 05-27-2002 11:44 PM:

my favourite two have got to be rally racing and the GT class racing(U know like racing vipers, civics, corvettes, skylines....basically production model looking like cars racing) good stuff :)

haha I drive a 92 Chevy Cavalier and I'm learning standard in a 84 BMW 318i(discontinued model heh)..I won't be doing any racing anytime soon ahha.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-28-2002 12:00 AM:

illegals ^^

Posted by JohnnyLemonhead on 05-28-2002 06:43 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by kRypTic_nABi
illegals ^^

Reckless

Posted by ryosuke on 05-29-2002 01:59 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyLemonhead

Wouldn't the full potential of asphalt racing be roadracing (as in, with other cars and not against a clock)? I respect people who do timed runs around cones, but all the psychological, driving and adaptive skills really come into play when you put a bunch of fast people on a track together.

Well sure, if I was actually part of a proffesional team, and the money to fix up my car didn't come out of my own pocket. And unfortunately, we're not Japan, so there's not many events where you'll have a bunch of drifters going at it on a course at once.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2002 02:30 AM:

muscle car drag races..

just a question

would a 1969 Dodge Charger beat a 1997 Integra in handling?

Props To Huby

Posted by Prototype on 05-30-2002 02:47 AM:

rofl no.

a charger is FR, and it has like 450 ponies stock.

Also it weighs alot more :P

an integra is FF, and built like a commuter car.. with safety and luxury features that a 70ish muscle car wouldnt have.

rofl. Like Power steering, and anti lock brakes :P

But no bone stock integra could keep up with a stock charger.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-30-2002 03:01 AM:

hmm...thats what i thought..

thanks...

Props To Huby

Posted by volcom strider on 05-30-2002 09:17 PM:

dont forget back in '69 they didnt have the light-weight materials that are fitted in cars today. but i would like to see a charger v. an integra in handling... just for laughs. so i can laugh at the dents in the charger.

Posted by sangxjin on 05-31-2002 02:11 AM:

i bet my bicycle has better handling than the charger.

Props To Huby

Posted by indecisive on 05-31-2002 03:09 AM:

the charger's weren't meant to turn..just go straight heh.

Shift_

"cuz no matter how long U've known them or how well U think U know them..the friendship can be over in a second" ~Indecisive

"you don't realize how much of a luxury cup holders are until you don't have em" ~Indecisive

Posted by Prototype on 05-31-2002 12:24 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by indecisive
the charger's weren't meant to turn..just go straight heh.

They're FR, and like most muscle cars, they weigh about as much as a supra..

Except that you're running about 300-400more ponies.

Posted by indecisive on 06-01-2002 12:11 AM:

ahha I know I know. I'm not completely clueless. I just don't know much tech stuff.

neways. don't chargers weigh like over 1 ton? and supras are under 1 ton aren't they?

Shift_