Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 19 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Friends and Family (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=21)
-- Advice plz (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4851)

Posted by Klumzy on 08-31-2002 02:15 AM:

Advice plz

im just curious how you guys make new friends

im freakin shy/reserved around strangers, i guess its because i moved a lot when i was younger... the thing is, after i say hi my names blah blah blah... i really dont have much else to say... anyone know good conversation starters?

any help would be appreciated

Posted by hip hOp Yu Ja on 08-31-2002 02:18 AM:

iono... i am prettie talkative... sho yea~ hahaha... iono wut 2 say... just 4 meeh with each person its different ya noe?

"Me I'm into being like #1 Korean, I represent the Seoul and every yellow human being" ... DT...

Posted by eddiee on 08-31-2002 02:53 AM:

im usually shy and stuff around new ppl like you too...but ppl always come up to me for some reason..
they feel bad for me ... yep ^^

Posted by Jj2 on 08-31-2002 03:24 AM:

just saying 'hi' does wonders. even if it's simple...eventually u'll be able to talk to them. it doesnt take a split second to whip up a conversation...it takes time. me, i'm damn shy but i get by. smiling helps as well

Posted by saranghae on 08-31-2002 03:33 AM:

i usually say hi and smile.

Posted by jini on 08-31-2002 04:16 AM:

i say hi... and ask a lot of questions if i'm curious... but if the person's givin me the cold shoulder, i don't bother.

wherever you go, whatever you do
i will be right here waiting for you
whatever it takes or how my heart breaks
i will be right here waiting for you

Posted by Klumzy on 08-31-2002 05:48 AM:

dang i need to learn how to smile... like this

Posted by saranghae on 08-31-2002 05:54 AM:

if u smile like that they mite think ur perverted or sumthing... haha... jk

Posted by castle outsider on 08-31-2002 08:48 PM:

im really shy at school and raely talk but im always known to be nice to everyone i guess tahts how i got my freinds is because people juss started saying how nice i was..

Posted by HHxEliTE on 09-01-2002 12:44 AM:

im realie shy too haha iss okie... jess talk about random stuff like. oo wuh kind of makeup do u use.. or like oo where do u shop.. something that u think u guys would have in common... thas how me and my homegurl got tite.. over makeup

Posted by Ladi Jay on 09-01-2002 03:55 AM:

wow... it really depends for me... when I'm at school, I'm all quite and I don't talk much... buh when I'm with my friends I jabber and jabber...

iono how to help you... it's harder for the older kids to make new friends...

Posted by Klumzy on 09-01-2002 04:02 AM:

heh smiling and saying hi does wonders wish i knew this before

thx for the advice everyone

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 09-02-2002 04:09 AM:

hmm...i think it's easier to bcum frenz w sum1 if ur in a group. like if it's just u 2, that wud be kinda scary for me...bein alone wit a total stranger...but if ur in a group, then everyone can talk and it's easier to think of things to say.

Posted by Klumzy on 09-02-2002 05:57 AM:

heh, everything is easy when you're in a group but there will be times in your life, when you wont know anyone around you... either you or someone else will have to make the first move... scary at first but very rewarding later

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 09-02-2002 06:55 AM:

i guess i was considered shy and sort of an introvert in h.s.

but in college its a lil different.. people wanna meet new people and stay away from the high school cliques.. none of that stupid high school mentality cliques are derived from

i guess a good conversation starter is always

if i meet a new person these days.. its usually the same convo.. here it goes

me-hey how you doing my name is sang cheon(i leave the cheon out most of the time if im talkin to non koreans)
him/her-hi im blah blah
me-where you from?
him/her-blahblah
me-oh yeah? how you like it?
him/her-blahblah
me-that's kool what year are you?
him/her-blah blah
me-(thinking) oh do you know blah blah blah??

use one of those.. i might not be really interested in where they're from but it usually starts a conversation.. if not.. screw them.. d=D

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by Klumzy on 09-02-2002 03:44 PM:

Thx for the advice Sang cheon hyung

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 09-08-2002 05:21 AM:

yea like ken vs ryu sed...ask pplz if they noe sum1 else, so u guys hav a frend or acquaintance in common. that helps a lot

Posted by aznkid1008 on 09-08-2002 10:19 PM:

JU-AHN!! its dan from church! hows college! sux huh! lol
hmmm makin friends, never heard of that before
well find some people that are into wat u do, if not its alrite to be a hermit

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by iLLmaTiC_aNgeL on 09-15-2002 05:12 AM:

im generally friendly towards everyone but there are some ppl i just find SO intimidating that i cant even look them in the eye, much less try to be friends with them. but i try..i jus say hi, smile and start some small talk and see how they respond..it depends on the person; some ppl click rite away, some dont. i usually become close to ppl who i share mutual friends with or if we at least know some of the same ppl...i found out that over these few years, i've become more reserved so *sigh* im not too great at making new friends anymore..just take it a little at a time.