Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- Cancer Vs. AIDS (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13849)

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 09-12-2003 02:11 AM:

Cancer Vs. AIDS

which should we find the cure for first?

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by merdawg on 09-12-2003 02:57 AM:

Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by AZN Pinoy BOI

thats if we can find a cure. and if we do, we shouldn't put one on a higher priority than the other.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by kryogenix on 09-14-2003 06:26 PM:

Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:

there are too many kinds of cancers, so even if you found a cure for lung cancer, there would be brain cancer, skin cancer etc. so it would be hard to find a "cure for cancer."

as for aids, that'll be difficult too. there are so many strains of the aids virus that even if a cure was found, the virus would probably mutate and become immune.

now a finding vaccine is an interesting topic. if someone claimed to have found a vaccine for aids, who would volunteer to test it?

Posted by kiggaplease on 09-14-2003 08:03 PM:

assuming that each cure would be 100% effective, I'd pick cancer, simply because it hits closer to home than AIDs for me

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 09-15-2003 01:31 AM:

Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
there are too many kinds of cancers, so even if you found a cure for lung cancer, there would be brain cancer, skin cancer etc. so it would be hard to find a "cure for cancer."

as for aids, that'll be difficult too. there are so many strains of the aids virus that even if a cure was found, the virus would probably mutate and become immune.

now a finding vaccine is an interesting topic. if someone claimed to have found a vaccine for aids, who would volunteer to test it?

like acidbreeze said i ment it 100% cure

and as for u question "if someone claimed to have found a vaccine for aids, who would volunteer to test it?" i believe most people wood... i mean then they could have sex with out a condom or even worry about passing it.

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by kryogenix on 09-15-2003 03:11 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:

and as for u question "if someone claimed to have found a vaccine for aids, who would volunteer to test it?" i believe most people wood... i mean then they could have sex with out a condom or even worry about passing it.

if you vaccinate yourself, you would have to actual attempt to contract the disease to see if the vaccine is effective.

Posted by ajy on 09-15-2003 09:03 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
if you vaccinate yourself, you would have to actual attempt to contract the disease to see if the vaccine is effective.

Posted by Alchemist on 09-15-2003 10:39 PM:

quote:

There are other dieseases.

Posted by kryogenix on 09-16-2003 11:56 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by AjY 2k

Posted by kiggaplease on 09-17-2003 09:01 AM:

those pictures don't mean much when used out of context

Posted by kryogenix on 09-17-2003 08:09 PM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
There are other dieseases.

what ever happened to sars

Posted by aznkid1008 on 09-18-2003 01:10 AM:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cancer Vs. AIDS

quote:
what ever happened to sars

it stopped dead in its tracks, well thats wat the national health commity dude said. havnt heard of any new cases

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by kryogenix on 09-18-2003 08:28 PM:

quote:

i think he meant the cure would be 100% effective not all the cancers would be cured. you think most people would risk getting aids because someone claims they have a vaccine? would you? what if the vaccine failed? what if it only worked on animals?

Posted by C4 Black Powder on 09-19-2003 03:05 PM:

The SARS outbreak seems a little similar to Ebola, there would be small outbreaks that seemed independent then it would kind of disappear for a while and then come back.

Tank: 220/220