Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 14 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- Bush Economic Plan (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=14775)

Posted by kryogenix on 12-12-2003 09:12 PM:

Bush Economic Plan

there hasn't been a good debate here in a while so i guess i'll post something.

anyway, the dow is back at 10,000 and i've been hearing a lot of crap about bush's economic plan. i know he gives "pork" to some states but, i think his economic plan is pretty sound.

oh i can't wait for someone to reply

Posted by castle outsider on 12-12-2003 11:39 PM:

politics suck

Posted by kryogenix on 12-14-2003 07:59 PM:

i bet the economy will surge tommorow

Posted by Yooniece on 01-04-2004 12:23 AM:

Trickle-down economics. Consumer trust just needs to be put back into the economy... spending will increase, jobs will be created, same old, same old. The plan DOES look good so whatever pork-barrel legislation he's sneaking in would be fine by me.

Posted by Alchemist on 01-04-2004 02:44 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Yooniece
Trickle-down economics. Consumer trust just needs to be put back into the economy... spending will increase, jobs will be created, same old, same old. The plan DOES look good so whatever pork-barrel legislation he's sneaking in would be fine by me.

Yeah because Trickle-down economics has worked so well in the past.

Edit: Oh man my friend had to write a children's picture book as a report and it was so hilarious.

Posted by Yooniece on 01-04-2004 03:13 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Yeah because Trickle-down economics has worked so well in the past.

Edit: Oh man my friend had to write a children's picture book as a report and it was so hilarious.

Exactly how does cutting government taxation/program funding and putting more money into the hands of confident spenders NOT work? Aside from extreme circumstances such as war.

In my opinion, the American public is too freaking dependent on the government. Poor people demand welfare programs, social services, etc, which is all fine and well but what ever happened to self-sufficiency? Why does it have to be the government's responsibility to make sure Aunt Norma gets money for her years of NOT planning for retirement?

My opinions may be derived from a class-related perspective but geez, I hate rewarding those who don't pull their weight.

Oh I can't wait for the people who will pull their best morality cards on me... "Are you saying we shouldn't give poor, one-legged homeless people soup?"

Posted by kiggaplease on 01-04-2004 08:06 PM:

mm cream of broccoli

Posted by kryogenix on 01-04-2004 08:23 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
mm cream of broccoli

did you eat your chunky soup?

Posted by aaqthree on 01-07-2004 03:30 AM:

quote:
Exactly how does cutting government taxation/program funding and putting more money into the hands of confident spenders NOT work? Aside from extreme circumstances such as war.

Because you're giving money to suppliers to increase production...HOPING that people will buy more as a result. The general public will not always consume more because of a greater supply.

quote:
In my opinion, the American public is too freaking dependent on the government. Poor people demand welfare programs, social services, etc, which is all fine and well but what ever happened to self-sufficiency? Why does it have to be the government's responsibility to make sure Aunt Norma gets money for her years of NOT planning for retirement?

Cuz then Aunt Norma becomes homeless. And then Aunt Norma stops buying stuff, and starts mooching off others. And then Aunt Norma starts stealing. And then Aunt Norma steals a gun to shoot the cops who are running after her for stealing.

And then little Cousin Doreen cannot eat because their mother is a cop-killer.

quote:
My opinions may be derived from a class-related perspective but geez, I hate rewarding those who don't pull their weight.

What about those who can't pull their own weight?

quote:

Oh I can't wait for the people who will pull their best morality cards on me... "Are you saying we shouldn't give poor, one-legged homeless people soup?"

Posted by C4 Black Powder on 01-07-2004 07:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by aaqthree
Because you're giving money to suppliers to increase production...HOPING that people will buy more as a result. The general public will not always consume more because of a greater supply.

Cuz then Aunt Norma becomes homeless. And then Aunt Norma stops buying stuff, and starts mooching off others. And then Aunt Norma starts stealing. And then Aunt Norma steals a gun to shoot the cops who are running after her for stealing.

And then little Cousin Doreen cannot eat because their mother is a cop-killer.

What about those who can't pull their own weight?

Pwned

Tank: 220/220

Posted by kryogenix on 01-07-2004 09:02 PM:

quote:

i got a full house!!!

Posted by Alchemist on 01-08-2004 12:53 AM:

quote:

Ok it didn't work in the past.

"Trickle down economics failed because the exorbitant tax cuts for the wealthy, that were meant to stimulate the economy, actually resulted in huge government deficits. When the economic boon Reagan predicted did not materialize, interest rates soared as the deficit grew to unmanageable levels. It took more than a decade to set the economy on the right course, which occurred when President Clinton’s first budget passed Congress in 1993, without one Republican vote. The economy remained strong as a result of fiscally responsible spending and concentrated efforts to pay down the debt. "

Also well-off people don't think it's such a great idea either.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/spee...01bushsotu.html

Now if it didn't work in the past then of course it's possible for it to not work.

Posted by kryogenix on 01-08-2004 09:20 PM:

but if aunt norma gets food stamps and aid, will she ever get a job and get a home? or will she continue to be a leech? i think yooniece is saying too many people abuse the system but i can be wrong...

Posted by Alchemist on 01-08-2004 11:07 PM:

I think there are people who don't abuse it as well. Also not only will poorer people suffer from this but this could also hinder the economy as a whole as it did in the past.