Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 10 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- history repeats itself (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1999)

Posted by huby40 on 05-18-2002 03:48 AM:

history repeats itself

do you believe that sooner or later history will repeat itself again? that some time in the future there will be another holocaust, or another world war?

and probably most dramatic, another fall of a great empire?

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 05-18-2002 09:29 AM:

i think thats a generalization that tends to be true in cases, but that doesn't connotate that it will always be true, and it won't. Just because "history repeats itself" doesn't mean it will is what i mean.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-18-2002 02:33 PM:

yes it will.

case and point: Napolean's invasion of Russia compared to Hitler's invasion of Russia. Exactly the same- time, circumstances, and outcomes.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-18-2002 05:49 PM:

i'm thinking..... yes
ppl will always be ignorant and won't learn from the past....

so it'll just happen again.... and again... because people are stupid...haha.... that's just it... they only care about themselves and they don't care about what's going on else where... so while all this "history repeats" people don't give a damn.... like hitler... while he was doing his thing in europe do you think the US cared? no they just wanted to avoid it and pretend it wasn't happening... they didn't want to get involved.... and right now... the gov is fawking up everything in the middle east.... something is going to repeat itself soon....

and did you know..... that prez bush DID get some type of warning that there was going to be a terrorist thing? he just "didn't look into it"...... right..... just say you didn't give a fawk you bastard....

oops sorry.... -_-.....i'm really really angry at bush.....

Posted by tm11 on 05-18-2002 06:29 PM:

this is partly true, because we never learn from the past. People don't change their ways, and we continue to do many irrational things.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 05-18-2002 06:33 PM:

i kno wat great empire will fall next. srry to say it but true America. i think durin the next world war. no leader leads forever and no winner always wins. its sad but true america will fall one day.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-18-2002 06:45 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by aznkid1008
i kno wat great empire will fall next. srry to say it but true America. i think durin the next world war. no leader leads forever and no winner always wins. its sad but true america will fall one day.

at the rate things are going (society... conflicts... blah blah).... soon... not like next yeat.. but soon enough.... those "great empires" lasted for like hundreds of years.. and ours... barely will get through its.... "tricentennial" (? is that a real word?)

Posted by lovedontloveme on 05-19-2002 12:27 PM:

this is so scary. but i think that's true as well. america will fall eventually. /: sigh
i shoulda stayed in australia haha.
but yeah.. history repeats itself? well it does but not necessarily all the same things. it's just a result of HUMAN nature and their mistakes/ignorance i guess. i don't know how to put it but y'all understand me right?
dang i love reading what people write in the intellectuals part of the forum q:

Posted by huby40 on 05-19-2002 01:51 PM:

well hell, if america falls we could always move to canada. nothing EVER happens in canada.... :huh:

Posted by Zero-Sen on 05-20-2002 03:10 PM:

i don't believe that we have existed long enough for history to repeat itself.