Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 12 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Cars (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=29)
-- Bat Mobile (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5931)

Posted by Azn2296 on 09-28-2002 06:59 AM:

Bat Mobile

looks weird cause i had to make it smaller

My Xanga

Posted by Azn2296 on 09-28-2002 07:00 AM:

klklhkl

My Xanga

Posted by Street RSX on 09-28-2002 07:10 AM:

sum parts are reallie uglie!! buh some partz reminds me of tha SL Vision..

Posted by Prototype on 09-28-2002 07:27 AM:

the toe and camber is so screwed up =\

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 09-28-2002 08:55 AM:

looks stylin though...

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by sangxjin on 09-28-2002 03:35 PM:

it was nicknamed the merc "carver" because of how the wheels are. it was designed to have really good handling because of its toe and camber. i forgot, but i think when it enters a turn the car shifts its weight to one side like a motorcycle. its a prototype.

Props To Huby

Posted by sangxjin on 09-28-2002 03:39 PM:

2001 Mercedes-Benz F 400 Carving Concept

ok got the full info.

The F 400 Carving is a vehicle packed with dynamic systems designed to give the car enhanced active safety & dynamic handling control. The F 400 houses a new system that varies the camber angle on the outer wheels between 0 and 20 degrees depending on the road surface. Used in conjunction with newly-developed tires, it provides 30 percent more lateral stability than a conventional system with a fixed camber setting and standard tyres. This considerably enhances active safety, since better lateral stability equals improved road adhesion and greater cornering stability.

Active camber control boosts the research vehicle's maximum lateral acceleration to 1.28 g, meaning that the concept study outperforms current sports cars by some 28 percent.

The active camber control in the F 400 Carving paves the way for an equally new asymmetrical-tread tyre concept. When the two-seater car is cornering, the outer wheels tilt inwards, leaving only the inner area of these tyres in contact with the road. This area of the tread is slightly rounded off. Meanwhile both the tread pattern and the rubber blend have been specially selected to ensure highly dynamic and extremely safe cornering. When driving straight ahead, however, it is the outer areas of the tyres that are in contact with the road. These areas have a tried-and-tested car tread pattern, offering excellent high-speed and low-noise performance. Two different concepts therefore come to fruition in a single tire, thanks to active camber control.

Props To Huby

Posted by Street RSX on 09-28-2002 09:46 PM:

Re: 2001 Mercedes-Benz F 400 Carving Concept

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
ok got the full info.

The F 400 Carving is a vehicle packed with dynamic systems designed to give the car enhanced active safety & dynamic handling control. The F 400 houses a new system that varies the camber angle on the outer wheels between 0 and 20 degrees depending on the road surface. Used in conjunction with newly-developed tires, it provides 30 percent more lateral stability than a conventional system with a fixed camber setting and standard tyres. This considerably enhances active safety, since better lateral stability equals improved road adhesion and greater cornering stability.

Active camber control boosts the research vehicle's maximum lateral acceleration to 1.28 g, meaning that the concept study outperforms current sports cars by some 28 percent.

The active camber control in the F 400 Carving paves the way for an equally new asymmetrical-tread tyre concept. When the two-seater car is cornering, the outer wheels tilt inwards, leaving only the inner area of these tyres in contact with the road. This area of the tread is slightly rounded off. Meanwhile both the tread pattern and the rubber blend have been specially selected to ensure highly dynamic and extremely safe cornering. When driving straight ahead, however, it is the outer areas of the tyres that are in contact with the road. These areas have a tried-and-tested car tread pattern, offering excellent high-speed and low-noise performance. Two different concepts therefore come to fruition in a single tire, thanks to active camber control.

that iz a reallie crazie concept

so wenz that goin to come out.. wenz tha next batman comin out??

Posted by Prototype on 09-29-2002 08:22 AM:

rich fuckers.

real suspension tuning for cornering is tuning camber and toe.. but unless you want to go through trial and error.. you need alot of money for testing.

the idea is that you want all 4 tires to have as much traction as possible on each turn.

Posted by volcom strider on 09-29-2002 08:31 PM:

drive with all four tires, clearing the corners quick, counter-steering, avoiding oversteering/understeering (dependin on the chassis)...and braking...just make sure you dont go so fast to burn out your tires, they wont have any grip at the end if your gonna do consecutive multiple cornering. remember kids, it's the brakes that stops the tires, but it's the tires that stops the car.

Posted by volcom strider on 09-29-2002 08:33 PM:

oh yeah, those two guys in the cars, look like they're a homosexual couple with condoms stuck on top of their heads. :T
germans...they make great cars...not lifestyle.

Posted by sangxjin on 09-29-2002 09:26 PM:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA condoms. whew, that was hilarious. whatever, those rich bastards can do whatever they want with their mercs. im sticking with my bicycle.

Props To Huby