Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 18 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- CD Reviews (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=43)
-- Boa 2: No.1 Always... (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1493)

Posted by Babu2002 on 05-04-2002 06:04 AM:

Thumbs up Boa 2nd Album (No.1)

Boa's definitely a good singer with a talented voice, since she is still younger in her pre-teens. I lo~ve her albums, dey are so~ adorable...

Posted by WhiteLee on 05-04-2002 02:24 PM:

Man...I thought all her songs resembled some other one I'd heard before.
some of 'em sounded too Britney-ish.
And...she can't sing ballad very well...her voice is soft then forced...soft...then forced...it doesn't sound all that graceful, the transition at least.
The pop songs were good. I liked No. 1...now it's stuck in my head.
I like her Japanese singles still tho.
This album was good, but I still have her old 1st album toons stuck in my head.
I have a feeling this one is gonna take a while to get addicted to.

"Before and After" Ayumi Hamasaki

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 05-04-2002 03:24 PM:

her songs get old really fast for me

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-04-2002 03:50 PM:

Re: Boa 2nd Album (No.1)

quote:
Originally posted by Babu2002
Boa's definitely a good singer with a talented voice, since she is still younger in her pre-teens. I lo~ve her albums, dey are so~ adorable...

Don't wanna sound offensive or something, but can you go more in depth about the cd?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by micron on 05-06-2002 12:41 PM:

yes. please dont just say.. "wow. i like this album"

Posted by sangxjin on 05-08-2002 10:22 AM:

she really matured ALOT, her voice got alot better and song quality has improved. when i first saw her i thought to myself, girls like her should be in SCHOOL! but i changed my mind now..

Props To Huby

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-13-2002 04:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by jusunlee
yes. please dont just say.. "wow. i like this album"

haha if you want an example you could look at mine... i did like each song... but i think i do it differently (even tho.. my review sucks.haha sorry).... cuz i remember seeing some album reviews and they were just in general... about the whole mood/atmosphere of the songs on the album....yea i just saw 2 lines and went... uhh..... gee what a great review...

hmm... i actually like boa now..... but seeing some of the opinions on the album... i think i'm not going to buy the cd.....

oh white lee.... do you know who else's songs sound kinda britney ish? Shinwha's "prefect man" ..... what is that a remix of? i have a feeling it's a remix right?

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 05-14-2002 01:40 PM:

i thot boa's no 1 wuz a realli good cd. i hav all of her cd's and they're all good. i still remember the old days like id peace b and sara and stuff and then her japanese ones...a lot of pplz say her songs all sound the same, but at least they sound good

Posted by Babu2002 on 05-15-2002 06:09 AM:

If you like Boa's Sara and IDPeace Boa, you will enjoy this new cd from her... Her voice sounds more energetic, because she has matured over the last few months, etc. KangTa composed two of her songs, and she has been ranking 1st in Gayo this past week... Her feature songs from the album (which is mostly pop and R&B style) is Listen to My Heart and No.1~

Posted by junjinluber33 on 05-16-2002 02:44 PM:

my friend burned the cd and im listening to it rite now... No.1 is like the best song on there. and yea... she doesnt really sound too good when she sings slow/ballad songs. she should stick w/ the fast beats n stuff~ buh im kinda disappointed... cds not that good as her other ones...

click^ leave a msg in my chatter box!

team3 biotch! its da group blog

Posted by Babu2002 on 05-17-2002 11:04 AM:

Datz cool... I have her CD, but I dun listen to her a lot, cuz I'm like 22... I prefer Koyotae or Space A... but all in all, BoA 2nd Album is a good one to get...~

Posted by Street RSX on 05-19-2002 06:59 AM:

i give cd 4.5 out of 5, i liked it alot.
I'll write my opinions on each song:

1. No. 1 - Nice song, her usual types of songs. She has fast parts then she slows down... yea, that type of song.
2. My Sweetie - i like the chorus, she sounds really cute.
3. Waiting - Slow song, sounds like something Jang NaRa wouldve sang better, but i like the lyrics.
4. Tragic - another fast paced, dance type song, this song is ok... sings too much in English, she sounds weird when she says it.
5. Shy Love - A cute song. She sings kinda low, in some parts, sounds weird.
6. Day - ok song... doesn't sound like her type of song though. Never expected her to sing to a beat like this.
7. Dear My Love - A Slow Song. Kinda sounds like a song Jang Nara sang in her album.
8. Baet It! - This is the type of Boa's song, fast dance beat type.
9. Power Of Love - the background beat sounds like one one of Usher's old songs. song where she shows off her vocal talents.
10. My Genie - My favorite slow song on this album, really nice song.
11. Pain-Love - fast beat dance type, but doesn't sound like a song Boa would've sang.
12. Happiness Lies - dance beat song but not really that fast, pretty cool song thogh. Can't understand wuht she's saying in English.
13. Realize - A beat slow, but Boa RAPS!, wierd but she sounds pretty cool.
14. Azelea - Slow Song, sounds really nice, especially the last minut of the song.
15. Listen o My Heart - (Translated Song), originally Japanese, but the chorus is Extremely annoying, and the Japanese to Korean translation, doesn't go right with the beat, I think it shouldve stayed a Japanese Song.

OK, that's the cd rundown, i personally really like this cd, n i hope more people likes this cd as much as i do.

Posted by MellowYellow on 05-19-2002 12:19 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Street RSX
i give cd 4.5 out of 5, i liked it alot.
I'll write my opinions on each song:

1. No. 1 - Nice song, her usual types of songs. She has fast parts then she slows down... yea, that type of song.
2. My Sweetie - i like the chorus, she sounds really cute.
3. Waiting - Slow song, sounds like something Jang NaRa wouldve sang better, but i like the lyrics.
4. Tragic - another fast paced, dance type song, this song is ok... sings too much in English, she sounds weird when she says it.
5. Shy Love - A cute song. She sings kinda low, in some parts, sounds weird.
6. Day - ok song... doesn't sound like her type of song though. Never expected her to sing to a beat like this.
7. Dear My Love - A Slow Song. Kinda sounds like a song Jang Nara sang in her album.
8. Baet It! - This is the type of Boa's song, fast dance beat type.
9. Power Of Love - the background beat sounds like one one of Usher's old songs. song where she shows off her vocal talents.
10. My Genie - My favorite slow song on this album, really nice song.
11. Pain-Love - fast beat dance type, but doesn't sound like a song Boa would've sang.
12. Happiness Lies - dance beat song but not really that fast, pretty cool song thogh. Can't understand wuht she's saying in English.
13. Realize - A beat slow, but Boa RAPS!, wierd but she sounds pretty cool.
14. Azelea - Slow Song, sounds really nice, especially the last minut of the song.
15. Listen o My Heart - (Translated Song), originally Japanese, but the chorus is Extremely annoying, and the Japanese to Korean translation, doesn't go right with the beat, I think it shouldve stayed a Japanese Song.

OK, that's the cd rundown, i personally really like this cd, n i hope more people likes this cd as much as i do.

nice review.... i'm not going to buy this one... just burn it.... haha... a lot of the songs....you said she sounds weird

Posted by Babu2002 on 05-21-2002 06:41 AM:

Yeah, good idea. Other recommendations are FinKL and PakJiYoon... They are also good dancers/performers on stage as well as live like BoA.

Posted by cLickB4eVeRZ on 05-28-2002 10:27 PM:

her no.1 song sorta reminds me of the jungle king or lion king...but still its a good song (without the lion king backround music)

#hosuk#
::minhyuk::
~hyungon~
+sanghyuk+

Posted by Yupkki MEL on 06-04-2002 04:24 PM:

its ok...it sounds too britney tho...

Posted by bigChubuff on 06-18-2002 11:17 PM:

this album is a must download
puhah

Posted by MC ChOpStiCkz on 06-22-2002 09:45 AM:

yes i agree d albums sound more like brittney style
she really can't sing ballads or speak other languages very well like english