Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 15 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- The greatest enemy is yourself. (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10569)

Posted by merc on 02-06-2003 11:17 PM:

The greatest enemy is yourself.

"Your greatest enemy is yourself."

agree? disagree?

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Posted by ajy on 02-07-2003 12:15 AM:

agree.

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 02-07-2003 12:49 AM:

disagree
the greatest enemy is others.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 02-07-2003 12:56 AM:

disagree, others are definatly so much more of an enemy than one can be to themselves.

Furthermore, a lot of things are greater enemies than yourself, if a meteor was crashing into earth...i'd say that is a bigger enemy, if a gang is against you, i'd say that'd be a bigger enemy..so many examples.

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by huby40 on 02-07-2003 02:06 AM:

agree

although other enemies can always be defeated, you (your internal enemy) will always remain with you.

Posted by requiem on 02-07-2003 06:04 PM:

Disagree. The only person you can really change is yourself. Changing your enemy is the most effective way to defeat it.

Edit: By change, that's either mental or physical. That doesn't mean we can't just drop a nuke 800 feet into a fault line of a meteor that's coming to hit the earth.
By the way, I hate that I had to refer to Armageddon.

Posted by aznkid1008 on 02-08-2003 03:29 AM:

agree
before u can beat ur enemy u must kno yourself and your own weaknesses. not all fights r man to man. some God to man others man to himself. no one can stop you truely then urself.

Remember the heros
Remember the lives
Remember the day
God bless

Posted by AzNmAgE on 02-08-2003 04:50 AM:

agree, the only person who can stop you is yourself. Your putting yourself into a certain stuation where someone is the enemy just shows that you put yourself there...i'm not makin any sense lol

Posted by merc on 02-08-2003 07:54 AM:

agree. In the face of a just and righteous God, who commands us to follow his ways and love our enemies, we are the only ones at fault. [my 2 cents from a religious perspective.]

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Posted by Ahny on 02-11-2003 04:54 PM:

OK!

The greatest enemy is yourself!! YES!! BEN!! YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS ABOUT SLEEP!! SLEEP TAKES OVER EVERYTHING!! YOU SLEEP SO MUCH ITS DISTUSTING!!!! OMG!!!

Posted by azn0monk on 02-14-2003 01:58 AM:

you're an enemy of yourself. you are forever stuck with yourself..

its half half, but concentration on defeating yourself will overall make you a better person in society. therefore, less disputes among others.

Posted by Alchemist on 02-14-2003 03:36 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by AzNmAgE
agree, the only person who can stop you is yourself. Your putting yourself into a certain stuation where someone is the enemy just shows that you put yourself there...i'm not makin any sense lol

Hypothetical situation: I'm walking down the hallway to my next class. Someone I've never met before comes up to me and says "Give me your wallet." He is holding a knife.

I would consider that person to be an enemy.

Posted by Alchemist on 02-14-2003 03:36 AM:

Re: OK!

quote:
Originally posted by Ahny
The greatest enemy is yourself!! YES!! BEN!! YOUR ENTIRE LIFE IS ABOUT SLEEP!! SLEEP TAKES OVER EVERYTHING!! YOU SLEEP SO MUCH ITS DISTUSTING!!!! OMG!!!

Random Military(training) Philosophy: Happiness is proportional to the amount of sack-time you obtain.

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 02-26-2003 06:33 AM:

disagree. i'd say it's temptation

Posted by huby40 on 02-26-2003 08:09 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM
disagree. i'd say it's temptation

but isnt temptation a struggle against urself? its ur choice to decide, u have to fight ur own thoughts to overcome a temptation.