Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 11 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Homework Help (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=6)
-- Judge Crater? I just need an idea (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12217)

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 05-16-2003 03:08 AM:

Judge Crater? I just need an idea

I just need an idea for my research paper.

My topic is : Judge Crater
- He was a missing judge who one day, took papers and money and just left or something. He's one of the most famous missing persons.

And I have to explain why it Judge Crater should be a mandatory/central part of the school curriculum. And then I have to make two lessons that teachers can use, in two different grades and subjects.

I just need some ideas how I can implement Judge Crater into the school curriculum and then I'll just think of how to put it into a lesson....

By the way, it can be for any grade levels and any subject taught in school. Thank you SO much if you can just give me ideas.

Posted by daNNy LuV 1TYM on 05-16-2003 04:52 AM:

maybe you can incorporate him into a lesson about integrity and honesty? like, how it's bad to take embezzle funds or something

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 05-17-2003 06:37 PM:

yeah, that's sounds like a good idea thanks!!

i still need one more for a certain subject and grade level.....

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-17-2003 07:33 PM:

IMO he sounds too insignificant to be incorporated into a whole history lesson- that's just ridiculous.

You should talk about the disadvantages that Native Americans encounter today as a result of past and present treatment of Whites and the Government.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-17-2003 07:59 PM:

is it feasible to even change the topic, or was it assigned?

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 05-18-2003 09:47 PM:

Nope, nope, there was a list of topics and we had to choose one. She gave some of the weirdest topics like Basket Weaving, Flea Circuses, Radar..... etc......

It was first come first serve and I got stuck with Judge Crater.....

And to Crazydeb8ter, it's not really supposed to be taken seriously, have fun..... that's what she said.....

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 05-19-2003 08:02 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by GinaDaQueen
And to Crazydeb8ter, it's not really supposed to be taken seriously, have fun..... that's what she said.....

ah ok, my bad.

sounds like a pretty lame assignment though.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-19-2003 02:12 PM:

I'm starting to question the qualifications of my teachers -- when I was trying to find a synopsis for a movie to answer questions, I found the very question sheet online, and it belonged to the faculty at SSU

Posted by Alchemist on 05-19-2003 08:51 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by bckp
I'm starting to question the qualifications of my teachers -- when I was trying to find a synopsis for a movie to answer questions, I found the very question sheet online, and it belonged to the faculty at SSU

Haha, well as it says in your location: "Land of the free"

Posted by kiggaplease on 05-19-2003 10:22 PM:

lol

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 06-02-2003 10:29 PM:

Thanks everyone! I decided to do a debate on what happened to him and for the elementary level, I did a "continue the story" kind of thing..... thank for all your help :)