Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 17 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Spiritual Life (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=34)
-- is it bad?? (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13560)

Posted by heyitzsaemyi on 08-16-2003 04:17 PM:

is it bad??

is it bad to wear a shirt dat sayz naughty nd go to church?
i only wore it cause itz black nd datz da only black shirt i hab..
but ish it dat bad tho??

Posted by keyx1o6 on 08-19-2003 05:19 AM:

*shrug* naughty can mean a lot of things...

Posted by FlavaFLOSS on 08-19-2003 06:52 AM:

Others might regard it as inappropiate, depending on how they view the word naughty. But if your intentions are far from what the wordings on your clothes mean, then you have nothing to worry about.

But if you want to ask me if it's a bad thing? I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's somewhat disrespectful.

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 08-19-2003 05:01 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by FlavaFLOSS
Others might regard it as inappropiate, depending on how they view the word naughty. But if your intentions are far from what the wordings on your clothes mean, then you have nothing to worry about.

But if you want to ask me if it's a bad thing? I don't think it's a bad thing, I just think it's somewhat disrespectful.

yeah i think people see it as disrespect, ur suppost to wear something formal-ish to church

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by kryogenix on 08-19-2003 06:22 PM:

i think there is an unwritten dress code for church like no shorts, no hats, no revealing clothes etc.

Posted by merdawg on 08-19-2003 10:32 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix
i think there is an unwritten dress code for church like no shorts, no hats, no revealing clothes etc.

i went to a praise night at one of the korean churches here in rockland, and the speaker was great. what i got from him that night was that people should be able to wear what they want to wear, just as long as they come to praise and worship God.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by keyx1o6 on 08-20-2003 05:21 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg
i went to a praise night at one of the korean churches here in rockland, and the speaker was great. what i got from him that night was that people should be able to wear what they want to wear, just as long as they come to praise and worship God.

you came to the woongwang praise night...?

Posted by Spartan on 08-20-2003 06:00 AM:

i was there, wore a foofighter's shirt.

god doesn't care about ur clothes, he cares about whats inside you.

maybe nude is the way to go?

Posted by YaaMaKoh on 08-20-2003 06:20 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by merdawg

hey, i was the drummer at the praise night, and key was the acoustic guitarist ^__^

but you must understand, the clothes you wear do degrade urself in others eyes, but i wouldn't go that far in wearing clothes. as long as it has no type of language on it... naughty i would disaprove in my church, but a tanktop would be fine. dress neatly, cause u coem to church to impress urself to God and to make good will of other people too

Posted by keyx1o6 on 08-20-2003 05:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Spartan

heyy, i saw you~! i was so excited with my friend (seonho actually... krnxswat) cuz i'm in love with dave grohl. haha.

if you think about it, God originally wanted us to be naked. what you wear doesn't really matter to God... unless it's to the extreme of like "JESUS = DEATH"

Posted by Spartan on 08-20-2003 07:23 PM:

haha, david grohl is awesome.

he's the drummer for queens of stone age.

poor poor kurt.

Posted by H2oBaebe on 08-21-2003 08:49 AM:

no shorts? r u crazy? I agree, no hates, no shorts, and no revealing clothes. but i would have never thought no shorts..

quote:
Originally posted by kryogenix

Posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU on 08-21-2003 10:27 PM:

once in nicaragua, this boy sat outside a church. my friend asked him to come in with the other kids. the kid replied he could not because his clothes were dirty. my friend jumped in the dirt and said "now we're both dirty.. let's go to church." so they both went in and praised.

on the other hand.. you guys are more well off than the nicaraguan boy.. so please... even tho God might not care with what you wear... rethink twice about wearing the trendy tshirt with the mispelled fuck word or the shorts with the word "ass" on the ass... they all insinuate something and there was prolly a reason why you bought those clothes... you have the option to wear what you like.. some people aren't so lucky.

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Posted by Alchemist on 09-07-2003 06:54 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Spartan

Don't you think that nudity may distract people?

Posted by kryogenix on 09-08-2003 08:32 PM:

now think, if Jesus Christ came down and appeared right there in front of you in church, would you want to wear a shirt that has bad words written on it? think that's impossible? it's not. the bread and wine represent Jesus' body and blood so i would call it disrespectful. so to answer your question, yes it is bad

Posted by castle outsider on 09-20-2003 07:02 AM:

ok..anyways..i dont think you can interpret or associate the word 'naughty' with anything good. and whether or not you wear it in your church is your decision..in my opinion you shouldnt..even though i dont go to church, i think people who go there go with good intentions.

Posted by merdawg on 09-20-2003 04:05 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by keyx1o6
you came to the woongwang praise night...?

yea, i should come more often.

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee