Jusunlee.com Forums
Show all 8 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Enlightenment (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=17)
-- Hell (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15284)

Posted by Alchemist on 01-31-2004 01:08 AM:

Hell

"This world is on a bullet train to hell."

Do you agree or disagree?

Posted by kryogenix on 01-31-2004 02:05 AM:

no

Posted by KimChEEWIErDO29 on 01-31-2004 02:33 PM:

agree...

Posted by aaqthree on 02-01-2004 06:23 AM:

People can shape their own realities. An overly pessimistic person can believe that this world is a hell; an overly optimistic person can believe that this world is great and beautiful.

Personally, I think both of those ideas are crap...this world is this world. There are some good things...and then there are those idiots that surround us all.

Posted by kiggaplease on 02-01-2004 07:54 AM:

If the world were placed on a continuum between all things good and hell, I'd claim that it leans towards the negative. Of course, this is only a matter of perception.

It's still unclear, though, which end our world is tending towards, for technology continues to progress, the quality of life for the few improves, and there is still plenty of room for change in other institutions. Just as aaqthree points to the existence of both good and bad things, there are some parts of the world that seem to be improving, and others that seem to be degrading.

Posted by aaqthree on 02-01-2004 06:47 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
If the world were placed on a continuum between all things good and hell, I'd claim that it leans towards the negative. Of course, this is only a matter of perception.

I would claim that we tend to focus more on the bad things that happen to us because we often take the good for granted.

Posted by PsychoSnowman on 02-01-2004 07:36 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by acidbreeze
It's still unclear, though, which end our world is tending towards

it will always be unclear. Unless of course someone here happens to be a universal objective judge of the world?

"Those womyn that seek equality with men, lack determination."

"I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be wrong."
-Cromwell

Posted by kiggaplease on 02-17-2004 07:18 PM:

let me restate; looks like my original reply wasn't quite in line with my intent:

I agree with PsychoSnowman that there is no "morality meter" that is stuck into the North Pole and defines an absolute reading of the "world's proximity to hell." Then again, in the same line of thinking, it is not possible to definitively place society on this moral continuum in relation to the world in history. That being said, the things I mentioned about technology and social changes do affect people's opinions on which way the world is tending towards (hence the question, I assume). And then the same jazz about some things seeming to get better and some seeming to get worse