Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (2): [1] 2 »
Show all 27 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Literature (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=35)
-- Harry Potter... (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1783)

Posted by annabanana on 05-11-2002 12:45 PM:

Harry Potter...

do you like to read Harry Potter? some ppl are obsessed with the story, but i've never read the books or even seen the movie yet.

Posted by Alchemist on 05-11-2002 01:08 PM:

yeah

Posted by annabanana on 05-14-2002 06:00 PM:

that book series has a lot of satanic parallels. harry potter does all this bad stuff and he doesn't even get in trouble for anything.

Posted by kRypTic_nABi on 05-14-2002 06:06 PM:

i've never read any of it..and i have no interest in dem..
but lotz of people i knoe dat werent into dem dat juss started to read em say dere hella gOot..sOo..i dunno..i out grew my interest in bOoks..^^

Posted by Ladi Jay on 05-15-2002 05:56 AM:

Dude, those books are really good... My friend kept telling me to read the Harry Potter books and I said no because they are kid books... Then I finally read one and I loved it... I was addicted... I read the first book within a week... Then I went straight to the next ones...

If you haven't read it, you really should... They are really good and not just kid stories...

Posted by Alchemist on 05-18-2002 05:26 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by RaCeR_LaDi_MoOn
Dude, those books are really good... My friend kept telling me to read the Harry Potter books and I said no because they are kid books... Then I finally read one and I loved it... I was addicted... I read the first book within a week... Then I went straight to the next ones...

If you haven't read it, you really should... They are really good and not just kid stories...

no!! it's like a drug, don't do it!!!

j/k They're good.

Posted by tm11 on 05-18-2002 06:34 PM:

my mom was addicted to those books... she couldn't stop reading them until she read them all... she was so excited to see the movie out too haha

Posted by shoujo on 05-19-2002 02:10 AM:

mmm..your mum is so funny..my mum said that harry potter contained all the bad stuff and about satans, but then i don't care
at 1st i didnt even care about harry potter..and my friend said that i should read it, so i read it..and after that i began to like the story

Posted by lovedontloveme on 05-28-2002 09:03 AM:

yup, i've read all four books [[[:
they were soooo good! i like them most in descending order though i.e i liked the last book the most, then the 3rd etc
the movie wasn't that good /:

Posted by Ggomah Kaze on 05-29-2002 12:30 AM:

Smile

Haha... I LOVE the books. I read them even before they became HUGE! They're very imaginative you can say... that's why a lot of adults I know don't like them. They say it's because they lack the imagination. :sleepy:

The movie was... ok. The quidditch scene was madd cool.

Annabanana: haha... it's kinda hard to punish someone though for just like saving the entire magical world from some dark, evil being. Besides... he gets plenty of detentions and such.

Posted by ~ j U L i A ~ on 06-02-2002 12:18 AM:

haRRy PotTtEr ISH tha BeST dUDe!! i aM sO aDdiCtEd IT! i reAd AlL FoUR bOoKs En EvEn waTChEd thA movIe!!

Posted by sangxjin on 06-02-2002 04:19 AM:

Harry Potter is alrite..not so great...its addictive because its dumb/fun at the same time..ok that didnt make sense but watever..u get my drift

Props To Huby

Posted by GinaDaQueen on 06-02-2002 04:40 AM:

i read about the frist chapter of the first book......i hated it.....sorry to the harry potter fans

Posted by yupkipucca on 06-02-2002 05:07 AM:

it kinda matterz wut kinda books you like... i like books about people who were mistreated but then good things happen to them like cinderella and i like books about like magic so harry potter was perfect for me~

Posted by hoyoungz luv on 06-07-2002 08:43 AM:

I loved this series. The story is so fascinating and the characters are so neat. You don't really have to think about this book too much; it's very straighforward and you just read through. I got really caught up in the story and I couldn't stop reading until I finished it.

The movie though was horrible. I guess it was because none of the characters were how I imagined them to be. That's what sucks about movies based on books. The books lose that special appeal...

come join the fun -> and ->

Posted by MellowYellow on 06-20-2002 08:06 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by sangxjin
Harry Potter is alrite..not so great...its addictive because its dumb/fun at the same time..ok that didnt make sense but watever..u get my drift

yea same feelings exactly..... i saw the movie before i read the book.. so that kind of ruined it... but i read the first 3 books.. and yea they are addictively funny..... those twins.... haha even reading ... they're funny... and the books have a couple of adult jokes in them also.....

Posted by annabanana on 06-27-2002 11:00 PM:

the second movie comes out november 15, 2002.
in the third movie or book, Harry gets an Azn girlfriend, Cho Chang(is that the name?). wouldn't it be cool if BoA somehow managed to play that role?

Posted by luluvang on 06-28-2002 06:23 PM:

I read the first book....i started the second book...didn't even get to chapter two....i hate reading.....

Posted by eunjoo on 07-09-2002 11:34 PM:

i loveee harry potter. =D i doubt boa'll be able to play that role unless she brushes up her accent, regular and british.

Posted by babeegurl369 on 07-11-2002 10:52 PM:

harry potter is pretty good, i think it even features an azn grl in da story who is actually harry's love interest, wuts her name?? like Cho Chang or sumting like dat....