Jusunlee.com Forums Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »
Show all 48 posts from this thread on one page

Jusunlee.com Forums (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/index.php)
- Debate (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=19)
-- Batman vs. Superman (https://www.jusunlee.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=10862)

Posted by Alchemist on 02-24-2003 12:47 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
this thread is about batman and superman fighting eachother. therefore, though we know that both are fake, we are assuming that they exist for means of choosing a winner between the two. realistically, considering they both exist and one does not have more of a chance of existing than the other, i believe superman would win.

Why does it have to be about them fighting each other. It could be who's cooler or whatever. It doesn't really matter, this whole matter is trivial.

Just for fun

Let's see...

You just happen to be a very intelligent wealthy person who works out a lot and is very strong.

--or--

You just happen to be an alien from Krypton who has super powers.

Posted by Alchemist on 02-24-2003 12:54 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23
also even if batman made a kryptonite superman could just shoot through it with his eyes. unless kryptonite is extremely maliable, even more than gold, which it is not (its a rock, it breaks), superman would prolly drop a building on batman and kill him.

I'm sure Batman has avoided being crushed several times.

What if Batman used a force field?

Posted by AZN Pinoy BOI on 02-24-2003 01:33 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by requiem
Do you really want to concoct the thousands of ways Superman can die by the hands of Batman? For all we know Batman could build a spaceship, put a satelittle on it that will shoot kryptonite beams from the sky into Superman's heart and kill him instantly and unavoidably. Batman could block off the yellow sun from which Superman feeds. Batman can make the sky as red as the blood which flows through his veins. Batman could manufacture some red kryptonite, which does amazing things to Superman, and then kill him.

You get the idea. The thing is, Batman's power cannot be removed, ever. Unless Superman works for the IRS, Batman's powers are untouchable. Superman's, on the other hand, can be taken away. Not easily, but for Batman such feats would be a snap.

Edit: Superman a genius? Maybe, relatively speaking to the idiots he apprehends. But Batman, relative to Superman and basically the entire human race, is a genius. There's a reason Ra's al Goul calls him "detective" He is the ultimate detective, the ultimate mind and the ultimate force to be reckoned with.

Fear the logo.

oh no one cares how manyways he can kill superman.... if he biult a space shit tht will take awhile.... but superman can kill him in what... 5 seconds? i know space ship and guns ait the only way... if u stop thinking about batman and think of the ways superman can kill him they are quicker... ok mind can help build stuff but what about if they were in outer space... or they only could fight for 1 day nothing they can use... what is there to build...what is batman going to do? get his belt and whip him to hell with it?

yeah i agree with the batman spart guy thing... he is

wana chat?
aim: LiQUiD PhLiP o1
xanga: AZNpinoyBOI

Posted by TAIgrr on 02-24-2003 02:29 AM:

my way of thinking.
i voted SUPERMAN.

super - man = SUPER
bat - man = BAT

who will win, SUPER or a BAT? super powers will beat the flying bat.

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 02-24-2003 02:37 AM:

Well, there was a TV show that paired Batman and Superman up as partners, as well as several comic books that pit the two against each other. Did anyone happen to see or read these?

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Alchemist on 02-24-2003 03:07 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by TAIgrr
my way of thinking.
i voted SUPERMAN.

super - man = SUPER
bat - man = BAT

who will win, SUPER or a BAT? super powers will beat the flying bat.

Adjective vs. Noun?

Posted by TAIgrr on 02-24-2003 03:26 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist
Adjective vs. Noun?

fine, you got me there.

but i still say superman.. cause.. cause he has more powers than batman i think

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 02-24-2003 05:59 AM:

quote:
Adjective vs. Noun?

a noun that is being used as an adjective- an appositive.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey,/ Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say./ The oldest hath borne most; we that are young/ Shall never see so much, nor live so long."
King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by ajy on 02-24-2003 08:37 PM:

superman sucks, anmd i hate him. Batman takes el cake.

Posted by merdawg on 02-24-2003 09:55 PM:

lol...this thread has gone far

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable. " - Bruce Lee

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 02-24-2003 10:30 PM:

its still really funny tho.

Posted by Alchemist on 02-24-2003 11:21 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
a noun that is being used as an adjective- an appositive.

I was joking, do you usually have "a" before an appositive that is by itself?

Edit: What is bat describing?

"who will win, SUPER or a BAT? super powers will beat the flying bat."

Apparently "super" is used to describe powers while bat is used to describe the Elmo

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 02-24-2003 11:27 PM:

quote:
Edit: What is bat describing?

"who will win, SUPER or a BAT? super powers will beat the flying bat."

Apparently "super" is used to describe powers while bat is used to describe the Elmo

that is her mistake of misinterpreting the usage of their titles.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Alchemist on 02-24-2003 11:35 PM:

quote:
Originally posted by Crazydeb8ter
that is her mistake of misinterpreting the usage of their titles.

That was the point of the joke.

Yeah

Posted by Crazydeb8ter on 02-24-2003 11:41 PM:

quote:
That was the point of the joke.

Yeah

ah my bad.

King Lear (V.3.300-304)

Posted by Spartan on 02-25-2003 06:38 AM:

Hey, I have an idea.

Superman, KNOWS he's fighting Batman! Batman requires TIME to create his super inventions and have his lil sidekick suck up to him! (Don't forget Alfred.)

Superman breaks through the Batcave, blows everything up inside the the cave, kills Batman with heat vision.

THE END.

(I like Batman better.)

Posted by merc on 02-25-2003 08:27 PM:

We're talking about the characters of superman and batman. Not what YOU would do if you had "superman super powers". I have never seen superman go around and do something scheming and cunning as the plan you described. Above all, recall that superman is a hero obsessed with justice and morality. I doubt a just person would go around taking unfair advantages before a challenged fight.

"Truth is not determined by how many people believe it."

"All the darkness in the world can not extinguish the light of a single candle."

Posted by .aS.|5p!7f!|23 on 02-25-2003 09:58 PM:

but superman in the comic was convinced that batman was a communist or something along those lines so he agreed to help the government take him down. i dont think he would give him a fair fight. thats a good point tho.

Posted by tea on 02-26-2003 12:20 AM:

superman IS the man

but batman would win. in the cartoon, it was batman who found out superman's real identity first. batman is also too cool for the justice league. batman's costume hides his identity better as well lol...cmon superman and clark kent..then only difference is the costume -_-;

Posted by Alchemist on 02-26-2003 02:18 AM:

quote:
Originally posted by tea
then only difference is the costume -_-;

And the glasses