Bored? Come in and play at Jusunlee.com Arcade! Go chat in Jusunlee.com Chatroom (requires AIM) Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home
Jusunlee.com Forums > Entertainment > Music > Linkin Park
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
annabanana
Food Moderator

Linkin Park

guess what. did you know that two of the guys in Linkin Park are asian? Mike Shinomota(sp?) is Japanese/American and Joseph Hahn(the DJ) is korean? is he? i dunno about Joe. i didn't even know what LP looked like until i bought the CD.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-01-2002 07:44 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for annabanana Click here to Send annabanana a Private Message Find more posts by annabanana Add annabanana to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KeN VeRsUs RyU
the old guy.

yeah.. i thought everybody knew this.. i was pretty surprised when i bought their cd.. bought it before they got huge.. actually i bought it twice because i lost the first one.. and i tried to advertise them and be like..YO THIS GUY IS KOREAN..BUY THEIR CD DAMNIT!.. nobody bought it.. fuggers.. until that crawling music video came out.. and then they're like.. top tenn selling group of the year.

yeah joseph han or hahn.. he's korean..

mike shimada.. i think thats the spelling.. i think he's half half..

everybody else is like.. white and or jewish..

heres a coupla facts i found out

the lead singer chester wasnt part of the group until way later.. he's from utah i think everybody else is from cali
the title of the cd.. hybrid theory was the original name of the band.. but the company wanted a diff name
there was no bassist.. or maybe they kicked him out.. but now they got the bassist who toured to join.. cuz i see him in all the videos now.. so i assume he';s there
they did their own cover album art cuz they went to art school
either art center or somewhere.. i forget

its nice to see a korean on mtv once in a while

check out bruce lee band.. - komsomnida and its also called korean song or something.. its this one korean guy playing ska and punk.. its pretty good..

xanga.com/an1_mixtape

Old Post 07-01-2002 09:38 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for KeN VeRsUs RyU Click here to Send KeN VeRsUs RyU a Private Message Find more posts by KeN VeRsUs RyU Add KeN VeRsUs RyU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aZnSwtHart

omgsh LP RoX!!! yooh should watch the pancake festival dvd they have...they're hella funni...joe 2...they should have another cd coming out soon..its suppose to b a remix album...n yea..mike *shinoda* iz half half...N i think Mr. Hahn iz krn..

Old Post 07-01-2002 09:55 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for aZnSwtHart Click here to Send aZnSwtHart a Private Message Find more posts by aZnSwtHart Add aZnSwtHart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

wow...old school type topic =P
my girlfriend's cousin was a long time fan of linkin park....even before they hit it big because back when they wanted to start..no record label would sign them...so they just played small time...my gf's cousin found their website...and wrote them letters and stuff....now that theyre made it into the music industry....linkin park gives free tickets to the fans who supported them when they were small....so my gf's cousin gets into all of their concerts for free....i envy her

Old Post 07-01-2002 10:14 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
seung ju

when i went to washington dc in october 2000, they were givin out free protional singles for linkin park at this music store. i listened to it and liked them ever since. and nobody knew who they were until they started puttin out videos, which is good cuz they got some exposure, but bad cuz they overplayed a lot of their songs. but they're still good, cant wait for the remix album to drop. and that song mike shimada and mr. han did with xecutioners is tight too.

Old Post 07-02-2002 07:56 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for seung ju Click here to Send seung ju a Private Message Find more posts by seung ju Add seung ju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skandaluss
*~ SOO JUNG EE ~*

whoa i never knew there were asian guys in that group .. i've never seen them perform live before or seen their pictures, but its cool knowing theres some asians showing up on mtv and stuff

Old Post 07-03-2002 01:04 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for skandaluss Click here to Send skandaluss a Private Message Visit skandaluss's homepage! Find more posts by skandaluss Add skandaluss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigChubuff

linkin park is phuckin tite
they got the best music out
hybrid theorie...every single song in its good

ya and the dj for LP is korean...dj hahn
the other dude dun count since hes half

Old Post 07-03-2002 01:17 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for bigChubuff Click here to Send bigChubuff a Private Message Find more posts by bigChubuff Add bigChubuff to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kRypTic_nABi
nohl jah q(-_-)p

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff

yup~ when i borrowed da cd from dis person..
i loved all da songs on it i didnt give it bak to him ^^
and now mah bro has it and hes not giving it bak either.
its a really gOod cd..da lyrics are kOo..and its like...different
from a lot of the other groups and music out dere..
they're all cute tOo..

Old Post 07-03-2002 05:59 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for kRypTic_nABi Click here to Send kRypTic_nABi a Private Message Find more posts by kRypTic_nABi Add kRypTic_nABi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SamLee

Linkin Park is tight...

Mr. Hanh also did sum DJing for SlipKnot on their last album..he's really good..he even produces/directs tha musik videos..which is pretty cool...
Mike Shinoda got mad lyrics..i hope he does more verses on tha next album..and less repeatings..listen to him on tha song 'High Voltage'...that song is ill..

there next album, tha remix album, is supposed to be out before this year is over..dats tha last i heard..it's called 'ReAnimation'..they said they didn't really remix tha songs, they decided to do a second version of some of their songs..so it's almost practically all new songs..

Old Post 07-03-2002 09:28 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for SamLee Click here to Send SamLee a Private Message Find more posts by SamLee Add SamLee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MellowYellow

quote:
Originally posted by bigChubuff

fine you dont count cuz you're half.....

well yea i think linkin park is awesome..lol i let my friend borrow it... she still hasn't given it back.. jeebus... i lent it to her in february...i'm going to ask for it back...someday....lol

Old Post 07-04-2002 03:55 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for MellowYellow Click here to Send MellowYellow a Private Message Find more posts by MellowYellow Add MellowYellow to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Special Kay

Linkin Park kicks @ss... All the songs on their cd are off the hook

Old Post 07-04-2002 04:09 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for Special Kay Click here to Send Special Kay a Private Message Find more posts by Special Kay Add Special Kay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alchemist
3 Coulombs

quote:
Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
yeah.. i thought everybody knew this..

I didn't know this until i read this thread.

Old Post 07-05-2002 10:46 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for Alchemist Click here to Send Alchemist a Private Message Visit Alchemist's homepage! Find more posts by Alchemist Add Alchemist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
aZnSwtHart

their remix album "re-animation" comes out july 30th i think...

Old Post 07-06-2002 10:19 AM
Click Here to See the Profile for aZnSwtHart Click here to Send aZnSwtHart a Private Message Find more posts by aZnSwtHart Add aZnSwtHart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tea
Official Pothead

ooo tight..im getitng it!

Old Post 07-06-2002 11:01 PM
Click Here to See the Profile for tea Click here to Send tea a Private Message Find more posts by tea Add tea to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote